Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Are Mormons Christian?

Good question, though a lot of the time it confuses me. The name of our church, after all, is The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints... I don't get where they think we're not Christian...

To help, let's define what a "Christian" is. According to Webster's Dictionary, "One who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ."

In case there is any confusion, I will state very plainly that the Mormon Church DOES believe in Jesus Christ. On a more personal level, I personally believe in Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God and performed the Atonement for everyone who has ever lived and ever will live. (the Atonement being His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemany, death on the Cross, and Resurrection from the tomb three days later) He is my personal Savior, and He helps me every day! Not just with forgiving my sins when I repent, but helps me with my sicknesses, sadnesses, anything I need help with! I try to follow His teachings found in the Holy Bible and Book of Mormon as best as I can. I do that because I want to overcome in this life and return to live with Him in the next life!

So are Mormons Christian? Absolutely and most definitely yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment